[3830] ARRL 10 W7WHY M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 16:33:03 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR

   CW:  27     10
  SSB:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  27     10  Total Score = 1,080

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Saturday operatin only.  Last year worked only 1 station, so this was better by
far.  Was glad to work a couple of VE5's.  Best DX in a long time on 10.

Called CQ probably 300 times.   After about 25 calls, about fell out of the
chair when I got an answer.  Called another 10-20 times and the same station
called me again for my 2nd contact :-)  Band was really spotty--would open to
one area, close down, then open to somewhere else.

Sure glad for the Op's in Colorado as probably almost half my Q's were from
there.  Heard W0ZA just about all day as he was the only station coming through
at times.

73 and thanks for the fun.
Tom W7WHY

TS-450SAT + SB-200.  Homebrew 2 el yagi at 25 feet