[3830] ARRL 10 N6WM(@N6RO) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 16:38:13 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Oakley, CA

   CW:  275    33
  SSB:  244    21
-------------------
Total:  519    54  Total Score = 85,752

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their patience, this was the
first time calling cq in a contest that I have single op'd(no coaches, etc.)
And unassisted! I am very new to cw, and really appreciate the patience of
those that I needed fills from etc.  This was complicated by a radio problem
that seemed to intermittently cause spurs on my cw signal.  people were
actually calling my spurs instead of me! Also some receive difficulty. Seems to
be specific to 10 meters on this K3.  Any ideas anyone?

Suffice to say this was a great experience for me!

All in all, better condx than last year, but still not there!  At some points
was like a fast vhf contest and lots of single hop Es.

I really appreciate the local club support on the air by the NCCC!  there were
so many KB'ers on the air!  I am proud to be part of such a great club!

Thanks to all for the fun and the qso's, and especially Ken N6RO for allowing
me to work at his fab station, and for nudging me into calling cq on cw! Iain
N6ML for Forensics on the cw signals when it was slow, Kevin KG6D for support
and encouragement Along with the entire NCCC gang!

Fingers crossed that this will be a very different contest next year!

73 and Seeya next time!

Chris
N6WM