[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 17:16:52 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MD

   CW:  54     13
  SSB:  14      3
-------------------
Total:  68     16  Total Score = 4,148

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

SOLP mixed.  More hours than I should have spent, Sunday 10AM (15Z) to
about 3:45PM (2045Z), with periods of limited-to-zero attention.  I
roped in another visitor for Sunday morning, a high school son of a
friend.  The kid had gotten a code-free ticket at camp a summer or two
ago.  Maybe I can get him interested in HF.

It was pretty much like the PVRC QSO Party here, without NC.  On CW I heard --
and that, just barely -- two states I did not work (AZ and MA).  I got FM5CD
and OA4SS by finding them before things got out of hand, but LU1HF and PY1NB
were quickly hopeless, as I got pounded by the people who have real antennas.
SSB was mostly to grab the loud locals.

The splatter from neraby 50KW AM station on 1500KHz seemed worse on 10M than on
the low bands, and I discovered another intermittent QRM, yet to be identified.

Oh, well.  It's better than no contest at all.