[3830] ARRL 10 WX3B M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 18:41:00 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD

   CW:  105    31
  SSB:  291    42
-------------------
Total:  396    73  Total Score = 73,146

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Question:  10 meters, isn't that a dead band?

Answer:    You may think so, but it's....OPEN!

As I walked upstairs at 6:30pm Sunday to take a break (never to return) I found
out I missed a great opening to the west.  The only person from the west I even
heard was Mitch K7RL CQing on top of a local station here in MD - so I didn't
want to call him.

Missed the ZS that K3OO told me about (he worked him beaming South
West)....missed the ZL NY3A is talking about...and didn't hear the EA stations
K4ZW talked about.

That didn't stop me from working a lot of W0's.  I finally started saying
"W0XYZ, I'll BET you're from MN".  What a GREAT opening late Saturday night to
the mid-west.  Too bad most folks were sleeping, I heard some very loud
mid-west guys CQing into thin air because there just wasn't anybody to work.

Heard NX5M and K5TR running hard after 6:00pm Sunday, that was the first time I
heard loud TX stations.

Just by reading everybody's experiences it is obvious that if you were by the
10m band this weekend for the entire weekend, it was open to a lot of places!

I'm sure I said this last year, however I really really REALLY REALLY hope
there are some sunspots for NEXT year's 10 meter contest.

73!

Jim  WX3B