[3830] ARRL 10 WQ5L SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 18:52:17 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  181    41
  SSB:   82    24
-------------------
Total:  269    65  Total Score = 59,540

Club: Magnolia DX Association

Comments:

TS-2000, 100W, vertical loop @30' fixed NNE, R7 vert

That was a nerve-wracking, nail-scratching, why-the-hell-am-I-doing-this
scatter fest until about 17Z on Sunday when *BAM* pop goes the band. East coast
came pouring in for about 45 mins then disappeared just as quickly. Propagation
then shifted around a bit and settled on W0-land where it remained until the
end. South America opened up for a couple of hours in the afternoon but a lot
of them couldn't hear me. The band started opening up wide just before the
final bell. Had surprisingly little skip into W8/W9; missed Michigan on both
modes. No Canada worked outside of VE3.  73,

-- Ray WQ5L