[3830] ARRL 10 W6XR SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 21:03:16 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WNY

   CW:  53     23
  SSB:  10      5
-------------------
Total:  63     28  Total Score = 6,496

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

What a frustrating experience.  Had marginal E skip and one bout of multi hop E
and worked one left coast station in Oregon for the high point of the contest.
It was fun working the meteor tails and observing the amount of E propagation
available throughout the day and night.  This year was really like a VHF
contest, a slow one at that with poor spotlight openings into Iowa and Mo.
Never even heard a real DX station during the contest and I was looking for
openings.  It was really a fun but frustrating radio exercise, one that does
not need to happen again.  My 2.5 year old grandaughter could not understand
what was going on and she asked me why was I not talking to people as she sat
on my lap and pressed various keys and buttons!  I smiled and said "you'll
understand when you grow a bit."

Next year in ......sunspot world!

73

Natan