[3830] ARRL 10 K6GEP SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 23:54:18 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: ORG

   CW:  59     13
  SSB:  33      6
-------------------
Total:  92     19  Total Score = 5,738

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I am a bit disappointed in my results.  The condix weren't quite good enough to
lift the scores the little pistol stations like mine.

Thankfully, I was able to get the tribander up on the mast on the roof
Thursday
afternoon before the rain hit.  I had it pointed NE.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to work states like Colorado.  Texas was as far
East as I got.  I couldn't complete either of 2 QSOs for Georgia.

The bursty meteor shower propagation in the mornings was weird and difficult.

I had some caregiving errands to run with my wife mid-day Saturday, so my
day was chopped up.

I made a big mistake with my antenna switch - I was on 40m dipole, when I
should have been on 80m windom.  Probably missed a few locals that way.

The second day of the contest was my birthday, which made the day extra
special.

All in all, it was fun to work places like Galapagos, and Hawaii again on 10.
Seems like I worked more DX, and far fewer US states.

Rig  FT-990  100W

Antenna:   Wilson SY-2 Tribander up 18 feet
           40 meter inverted Vee up 40 feet (by mistake)

Software: N3FJP 10 Meter Contest Log