[3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 14 19:46:25 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WI

   CW:  652    56
  SSB:  548    47
-------------------
Total: 1200   103  Total Score = 415,830

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

As others have said, Friday night started out kinda slow.  No real openings.
Went to bed with only around 150 Q's in the log.

Saturday morning started out just as slow.  Trudged along until about 2000Z and
then it got worse!  The band shut off for about 3 hours.

The fun started around 0300Z with the New England QSO party!  Logged about 300
before hitting the sack at 0700.

Sunday was pretty good all day long...nothing fantastic...just steady.  The
morning started out with the Florida QSO party and then shifted to the Texas
Qso party (I bet the Texas guys cleaned up to the the midwest!)

This was my 4th year in a row operating from W0AIH.  And I still havent come
close to my 2000 LP score from home with my little A4 tribander at 56 feet.
Bring back the sunspots!!!!

No Europeans in the log.  No Africans.  A handful of SA and one ZL.

I tried to pay closer attention to my multiplier totals this year and I think
it helped.  But I did leave a couple easy ones on the table thinking I'd get
them later instead of moving them to the other mode.  With 20 minutes left in
the contest I decided to leave the Texas QSO party and point the beams west
crossing my fingers some new mults might pop up.  Ended up getting BC for a
double, a ZL, WA, MB, and SK for a fun ending.  The CA and Ore that i got on CW
didn't materialize on SSB.

Thanks to Paul for his hospitality and use of his fine station!

You can check out the ten meter aluminum at:  http://www.qth.com/w0aih/10m.htm

The money antennas were the 5/5/5/5 on 120 foot tower and the 5 element yagi
@195 feet.  Also, the African Rhombic worked into the east coast pretty good at
times.

See you all from "The Farm" in ARRL DX.

Scott  NE9U