[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Dec 17 20:08:43 PST 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - December 18

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   4      1
   80:  14      9
   40:  15      8
   20:   6      5
Total:  39     23  Total Score = 897

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed NSWL-1 due to something going belly up in the power food chain on Locust
Peak and the rains prevented getting up to there check things out.  It  takes a
week or more for the road to dry out, so I opt'd to finally take a hike.

The one hour STEEP climb (make that a crawl) up the mountain on Tuesday about
did me in, but thankfully the problem was (a burp in one of the solar charge
controller modules) was resolved and I was back in the remote bizz.  More road
slide problems were discovered to deal with due to all the recent rain,
however.

Recovering from oral surgery yesterday and no NS for a while, I was multiple
thumbs and half a head tonight.  Totally out-of-sync at the 20m start and only
3 Q's in 5 minutes did not give me warm fuzzies.  Part way into the NS the
remote WKUSB started sending heavy weighting, but after disengaging and
re-engaging it in TR4W on the remote Confuzer all was well again.

God willing and the creek don't rise, I will be firing up one of the BIG
antennas with a killer radial system at a now dark AM radio station in the Stew
Perry.  Hope to work many of the TNC folks.

73/MX/HNY/HH & Tnx for the Q's & Mults tonight...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust