[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Dec 18 07:12:00 PST 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - December 18

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   6      4
   80:  21     14
   40:  15     12
   20:   0      0
Total:  42     30  Total Score = 1,260

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, inverted vee, "t" vertical.  20M seemed dead at
the beginning.  I got no answers to CQs in the 10 minutes before 0230Z.  I did
hear one fast CQ on 14040, but the signal faded before I could get a call.  So,
I started a few seconds late on 40M.  40M was much better than last week,
although signals from the west coast were not strong.  80M was very noisy with
QRN due to a front moving through our area.  But, signals were good and I was
able to work N6ZFO and N6RO and hear K6VVA from the west coast, as well as KE0G
QRP from MN.  It was good to have W1WBB from RI on 40 and 80M. Welcome and
please continue with our Thursday night sessions.  The six contacts on 160 were
all from TN, NC, and MS except for N6RO who called me!  Great ears, Ken.  Hope
everyone has a nice week and a Merry Christmas next Thursday.  73, John, K4BAI.