[3830] OK RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Dec 19 16:40:19 PST 2009

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

   80:   65   303      21        10
   40:  327  1713      52        23
   20:  263   489      47        29
   15:    4     7       3         0
   10:    0     0       0         0
--------------------------------------
Total:  659  2512     123        62  Total Score = 464,720

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

That was fun.  Actually, there wasn't much else I could have done due to the
weather.  Snow started about two hours into the Contest and continued to fall
throughout the day.  It was still falling at the end of the Contest.  For this
area, Central Virginia, any snow is a problem.  We don't get much snow and this
one was a lot (for us).

Did not get to start at the beginning of the Contest as had to take care of
couple of grandchildren as their parents went to an office Christmas party.  By
the time I was on the way home, the roads were covered snow along with my
driveway leading up the the garage.  Made it safely home, but while trying to
get my car into the garage slid into a tree and damaged the rear fender.
Eventually did get the car in the garage.  By the time got in front of the
radio, I had missed the first 4 hours of the Contest.

All the effort taking care of the grandchildren, driving home in the snow and
then wrecking the car took its toll on me and called it quits after two hours
of operation.

The bands were quite.  Even saw 15 meter spots on the DX cluster for European
stations.  Did not hear any of them when I listened though.

Forty meters was very nice.  Started hearing and working Europe at 1820Z on 40.
 Continued on 40 until 15 minutes before the end of the Contest when went to 80
m.  With all the snow figured to stick with 40 m as long as practical since the
Beverage boxes, etc., were buried under the snow.  Turned out that may have been
a good decision as the Beverage ant. were dead when tried.  The transmitting
inv. vee had to be used for receiving.  Fortunately, the band was quite which
helped.

Again, thanks to all for the QSOs and may you and your family have a prosperous
and healthy 2010.

 73,
 Mike, K4GMH