[3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 27 09:55:22 PST 2009

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ar

Total:  QSOs = 692  Total Score = 4,054

WOW!!
Great  band conditions!
(Of course, when the tide comes in, all the boats are raised)

Most of our power line noise problem was solved
by the power company last couple weeks.
But can’t believe it was anything but great band conditions
and great operators that made this Stew Perry so enjoyable.

Early Sunday morning, looking west, (wrong way) ,
heard a signal under the floor mat.
Finally realized it was VE1ZZ .
Was afraid he’d  go to lunch before I got his grid in the log.
You’d think by now I would have it memorized.

Vk6vz, vk6dxi, zl3ix,
Too bad you guys can’t see the smile you put on our face .
Thanks for fighting the qrn.

I’m trying to take advice I’ve been given by top operators.
Did a lot more s/p this time around.

Speaking of top operators,
Just found out n5dx and k5go probably beat me again,
This time using a portable rig and a piece of wire
pushed through the window at Grandma’s house.

Absolutely no outside help.
I say that, then I think about that ‘check’ window in N1MM.
Don’t see how anything could be more helpful than that little window.
And to think how many contests I tried to work
before W5TM showed me what it was there for.

BTW, my hat is off to those guys that  manage the LOTW program.
They really came up with a secure system.
Don’t have to worry about an old guy like me abusing it.
I managed to work through the red tape first time.
But they  were right on the ball, expired my lease,
sent me a renewal, and it expired before
I got it to the right computer.

Even the local Game and Fish people  gave me a free pass after 70,
And that was several years ago..

.If you want us on the LOTW program,
you gona have to work through their management team.
An email to us ain’t gona do it.

Reminder, Marlene says , all it takes is an email to get her card direct.

Probably not a good sign,
but Stew Perry is a big deal around here.

Doug, n5ect
2nd in command at WD5R