[3830] TBDC N6WM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 27 10:09:21 PST 2009

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6WM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brentwood, CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~4.5

Total:  QSOs = 55  Total Score = 145

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

No big gun station for me this time around, mostly throwing out some points for
fun. First time operating this contest. Had a ham buddy over at the qth and was
showing him the shack, and I started S&P in the test, then tuned away to check
out some other bands.  when he left later, I got back on the air and started
calling cq.  Had alot of fun, worked alot of friends and will look forward to a
more serious effort next year.  I have a rather creatively installed inverted L
antenna on a space restricted lot for Top Band here at home, and this gave me
an idea of its capabilities, to some extent.  Was able to get to the entire US
and some VE including the east coast also KH6 no problemo and of course lots of
local stations...

Rig: Elecraft K3/100
Amp: Ameritron AL811
Antenna: Inverted L