[3830] TBDC K8FC Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 27 14:15:01 PST 2009

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K8FC
Operator(s): K8FC
Station: K8FC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 437  Total Score = 2,415

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Missed key hours due to a rotten cold.  Band seemed to be in decent condition
from this location in Colorado.  Listened to many stations east of me operating
on top of EU stations, I wonder about the spotlight effect.  Also, I heard EI2CN
at 2pm local time in broad daylight.  Courtesy on the band this weekend was
outstanding from my prospective.  Thanks to everyone for the qso's.
Country count:
17 EU
30 JA
2 UA0
1 JD
and a few others.

When you are in a location in the middle of the US your rx antennas obviously
are your most important asset.  When trying to run stations using highly
directional RX beverage antennas it sometimes calls for asking for repeats
until I find the right direction.  Usually I am listening to target areas such
as Asia or Europe and it takes a couple of twists of the antenna switch to hear
callers off the back.  I apologize to the people I had to ask for repeats.  It
was not because they were weak but because I could not hear them initially.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Joe K8FC