[3830] TBDC OL0W(OK1DSZ) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Dec 29 00:00:25 PST 2009

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ
Station: OL0W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 523  Total Score = 3,304

Better result than the last year, with some 120Qs more. The main difference is
~90 more US than the last year, which is amazing improvement for my tiny
station.

Murphy was with me in the shack this time. Twice PA protection tripped due to
high SWR, once I even went out to the garden to inspect antenna matching box.
Finally found it is bad connector in the shack. Also the keyer went crazy two
times and a few minutes were needed to align him. Unfortunately all these
incidents happened during JA prime time, when JA window is fully crowded and I
always lost running frq. But thanks to the last minute JA mini-run after 22Z I
finally have 13xJAs and also ODX VK6DXI at 13424km. Nice opening into US west
coast area later in the night. In total 150 US+VEs.

Rig FT1000MP + PA cca 1000W, Inv L (20m vertical) and K9AY