[3830] CQ160 CW K8GT Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 1 23:16:28 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K8GT
Operator(s): K8GT
Station: K8GT

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: MI

Total:  QSOs = 114  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 1  Total Score = 9,990

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My elevated feedpoint Inverted 'L' with three elevated radials fell victim to
some tree clearing.  My neighbor said that he didn't think that he would be
getting at the trees on my property right away, so I thought that I could make
it through the   contest.  Sounds like I missed the "once in a lifetime band
opening", but I'm glad the back property is being cleared of all the  dead and
fallen 75-80 feet tall Ash trees that made it hard to even walk around, and
dangerous, too, with leaners.  Time for a new antenna or more.