[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 7 23:35:04 EST 2009

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

   80:  151       3
   40:  138       4
   20:   45       1
---------------------

Team: CTDXCC Ditters

Comments:

Wow. 20 meters lasted only forty five minutes. Some W6s were loud. But most
stations were S-Zero. I switched the 20 meter station to 80 and made my first
80 meter QSO at 01:14! The other station remained on 40 meters the entire
time.

Finally found WW2Y on 80, so worked all the mults I heard. K5TR got so far
ahead of me! Really a big lead. Ralph had his usual great start. W6YX was a ton
ahead as well. I haven't seen any scores on 3830 but am hoping I closed OK. This
was a hard one for SO2R because only one or two hours were really productive for
two radios on two bands. I did a whole lot of one radio operating and ended up
on 80 the last hour more or less tuning the band to someone to call, and
calling a lot of CQs every 5 KHz when I was not able to find anyone. But the
"endless" calls on 40 meters netted a Rhode Island station with QSO #1, so it
paid off.

Another "thrill" was finding VE9DX with his powerhouse 30 Watts on 80 meters.
Andy was working someone with his QSO #1, and when Andy "inherited" the
frequency, at least ten stations called. Somehow I got him in a fantastic
battle with lots of calling. Tnx Andy for #2!!!

All in all, it seemed participation was good but not great. I really felt I was
going nowhere but the QSO count kept edging up and ended up at a pretty good
number after all.

Here are some numbers from TR Post:

HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0      50      45      95      95
    1      30      55       0      85     180
    2      55      29       0      84     264
    3      66       4       0      71     335

  TOTAL   152     138      45

Tx      Tn      Id      Mt      Sc      Wa      Oh      VP2E    Ok      Ia
Nh      Ct      Wv      De      Wi      Fl      Nm      Il      Mn      vE1
In      Ga      Pa      La      Az      Md      Ny      Ks      Ky      Al
Ca      Nj      Nc      Wy      vE4     Mo      Mi      Ar      Ri      Ne
Or      Ma      Ak      vE3     Ms      vE7     Va      Ut      Co

Thanks for the contacts, and the opportunity to interact with so many terrific
operators.

Jim George N3BB