[3830] NA Sprint CW KA9FOX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 00:45:27 EST 2009

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

---------------------

Team: SMC Tiempo Completo

Comments:

I was reviewing the September 2008 CW Sprint results a couple hours before the
contest, and the write-up talked about the "brave souls" going QRP. Hey, I
thought, I've never done THAT before!  So, I backed the radio down to 5 watts
and gave it a try.  FUN!!!  Will I do it again?  Ummm... not sure about that.

Bands were long, and I cried when I finished the contest missing all the
bordering states and had just one QSO with Wisconsin (Thanks WI9WI for pulling
me out!).  My list of missing mults is really sad to look at:

Mults Missed:  AL, IA, IN, IL, MA, MI, MN, MT, ND, NE, NV, RI, SD, VT,
VE1/2/4/5/6/8.

On the flip side, things going long had some benefits.  I was called by KL7RA
and VP2E on 80 meters!!  QRP!!  Who'da thunk it!

CU next weekend, with the amp on.  I may be using the name "Mud", doing this
contest on Valentine's Day evening.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox at qth.com

Rig: FT-1000MP @ 5 watts