[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 08:46:16 EST 2009

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6AA
Operator(s): N6AA
Station: N6AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: California

   80:   98      79
   40:  125     108
   20:   61      53
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Worst Sprint in years if not forever for me.

Hours 67, 78, 70, 69

Bad noise on 20 and 40
Very bad rain static for a while. Even stopped contest for a while to
unsuccessfully hook up a receiving antenna. Figured out that I had to change a
menu entry in the radio to make it work about 8 hours after contest ended.

Best thing I've done recently was plug the keying paddle directly into the
radio instead of keying through the computer. This allowed me to work a few
stations by hand while the $%*^@*! computer rebooted after freezing up.