[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile/Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 12:22:20 EST 2009

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC, W9DND
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:

  160:       0       0
   80:     392       0
   40:     443       0
   20:      82       0
   15:       0       0
   10:       0       0
    6:       0       0
    2:       0       0
-------------------------
Total:     917       0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 128,380

That was a fun ride! It started out very quickly, unlike previous years. The
overall QSO rate was over 90/hr for the whole contest and the last 10 rate was
over 200 many times during the day.

Many thanks to all the stations that participated again this year. Lots of
familiar calls in the log. The five biggest hitters were:

K9NW  33 Congratulations on another sweep Mike!
WB8JUI  23
WB2ABD  20
W0BV  19
KB9S  18

Many more in double digits.

40M was the money band with 80M cleaning up late after the RTTY contest
started. 20M was tough again this year but it was still better than '08. It
will be interesting to see how this plays out when the 20M propagation begins
to return.

Fairly minor problems occurred this year. The keyer was acting up all day.
Early in the day it would randomly drop to 11 wpm. A slow way to run a pile up.
A restart of the software seemed to solve that but it still didn't have correct
speed control. I was unable to QRS for anyone that called a little slower, my
apologies.

Toward the end of the contest I fumble fingered things bad enough to insert
Mike's call K9NW in the CW memory that held the county name. So I sent
K0PC/K9NW a few times before I figured it out.

All in all just a great day. Nice weather and good company. I look forward to
MNQP 2010.

73,
Pat  K0PC