[3830] NA Sprint CW W0BH HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 8 21:29:40 EST 2009

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

---------------------

Team: CTDXCC Ditters

Comments:

Six-land was loud on 20 for the first half hour or so but still spent too much
time there, I think.  Only 4 mults to show for the effort. I was really trying
hard for AK, then ended up working several over all three bands anyway. Could
also have made more 40m Qs, but the rates were so slow that I went to 80 very
early as well. I did send lots of second radio CQs on 20 and 40 with very very
few takers. The only bright spot for me was the mult count .. better than the
past few years.

Overall, missed NV MT ND SD NE VT RI YNWT AB SK MB MAR, but VP2E found me low
on 80 meters late in the contest for my only DX.

After working the MNQP and the new NMQP hard during the day (and it really was
non-stop action, at least in MN), it was still the best 4 hours in radio with
some really terrific ops. I particularly appreciate the silence a NR? brings,
even from a big pileup. Thanks for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh