[3830] RTTY WPX KL7RA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 04:43:19 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska

   80:   48   125
   40:  118   260
   20:  582  1200
-----------------
Total:  748  1585  Prefixes = 296  Total Score = 626,336

My kinda first real RTTY contest although I have made Q's in the past.Wanted to
work the states for the triple play award so mostly operated USA prop. Decided
to use Win-test for rtty but the instructions exceeded 10K words so I went back
to MMTTY. Started with the wrong band,wrong time and wrong programmed micros.
Short delay while I reviewed the instructions and muddled everything back for
S/P for the first hours until I saw the program can "run", cool.  Another delay
while I screwed with that and back on the air "running". Then I remembered
someone sent "now" and worked another station without a missed dittle. So I
"messed" with the program trying to do what he did and ended up with qso nr. 1
and another slight delay while I did a complete recovery. Never did figure out
how to fix/send/repeat some stuff and probably never well as I moving on to
another program. No score so I converted the MMTTY log to TRLog allowing me
to rerun the contest for the numbers. I will be back.   73 Rich KL7RA