[3830] RTTY WPX VE3FRX SOSB/80 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 11:59:59 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Varna, ON

   80:  342  1334
-----------------
Total:  342  1334  Prefixes = 177  Total Score = 236,118

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Contesting on Valentines Day - We owe our XYLs big time!
Conditions didn't seem as good as last year, but did manage 18 x 6 pointers.
Took time off at 0900 to get K5D on 160, 80 and 40m, since I was up and jacked
on java.
Also got on 20 and 40 for a bit to break the boredom on Sunday before 80 opened
again, but condx here were not great.
Was logged on to GetScore, once I remembered to check to box in the
Config/Others tab in N1MM.  That was fun to watch while CQ running into the
void.

Last year we won SOSB(80)for VE and hope for another this year, but if you're
the only entry it wilts the rose so to speak.  Hopefully some more SOSB(80)
entries this year.

Took Sean, KX9X, QST suggestion to compare last years log to see when my best
times on 80m were:

     2008     2009
00    19      23
01    22      41
02    26      31
03    23      26
04    15      27
05    21      25
06    13      23
07    22      5  (played hooky to chase K5D, Hi.)
08    18      6  (Zzzzzz)
09    2       0  (Zzzzzz)
10    0       4  (Zzzzzz)
11    22      44
12    41      41
13    9       5
21    8       0  (running to the silence...everyone's still on 20m)
22    1       14
23    15      29
Mults 159     177
Score 162,864 236,118

Really nice run during last 15 minutes with 5 mults!
The old TS-950SDX and 90W worked flawlessly with N1MM (ver 9.1) and MMTTY
My score reflects the 2 points for VE to VE QSOs on 80.
Thanks to all you RTTY OPs for giving me a call.
Will send logs to LoTW and eQSL.
72,
Jeff, VE3FRX
Near the Shores of Lake Huron