[3830] RTTY WPX KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 13:13:06 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OREGON

   80:  192   446
   40:  501  1512
   20:  670  1247
   15:   68   121
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1431  3326  Prefixes = 473  Total Score = 1,573,198

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

"Once more unto the breach" from the fine station of Brad, K7ZSD. I have yet to
figure out just why Brad and Ruth let me do this in their home. I suffered the
wrath of my wife (valentines day gone missing and all).

The conditions were not so good on the high bands. The auroral hemoroidal
doughnut had a bulge that made short path to Europe from the NW a lost cause.
Fortunately 40 meters came to the rescue and had a nice late night run to JA to
make up for the 3 pt 20m contacts to Europe with 6 pt contacts to Japan and the
Far East.

Used two 1000mps with WinTest and microHam MK2R+. Once the bugs were worked out
the configuration ran without a hitch. Last year I lost 7 hours at the start
because of configuration and operator error which led to operator induced
anxiety (OE = OIA).

I operated the full allotment of 30 hrs for SO and I am paying for it today.
Getting old is way over rated.

Again I thank Brad and the lovely Ruth for their hospitality and understanding
and my wife to whom I will have to make up for the MIA on Saturday.

I thank all the operators who stopped by and to those I QRM'd or did not hear I
can only offer my apologies; but cut an old fart some slack, it gets harder
every year.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X