[3830] RTTY WPX KD4HXT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 13:28:46 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KD4HXT
Operator(s): KD4HXT
Station: KD4HXT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: California - SJV

   80:   31   84
   40:   98  268
   20:  226  364
   15:   27   57
   10:
-----------------
Total:  382  773  Prefixes = 184  Total Score = 142,232

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a part time effort gone mad.  Family time ruled with daughter’s
basketball game Friday night, sleeping in Saturday morning and a family movie
that night (Iron Man – recommended BTW) , and major working hours on Sunday.

Had a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C run on 20-meters Sunday afternoon.  Great FUN and it
added greatly to my score.  (I love when JA’s call me) Since I was on/off so
much, can’t be real certain on propagation changes but I would say that
Saturday night was real stinky.  Sunday afternoon had a very low noise floor.
QSB was typical for this phase of the cycle. Our recent rains helped my ground
situation on 80.  The Loop loaded like a charm.

The software upgrade to the FT-950 made pulling weak stuff out terrific.
It’s a solid RTTY radio at a great price.  We’re still using version 8.12.7
of N1MM with MMTTY.  It did crash a couple of times, but I’m using all kinds
of drivers and RF might have caused the issue.

Thanks for the Q’s.