[3830] ARRLDX CW K4XU SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 19:51:53 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1089   249  Total Score = 791,073

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

long weekend, but lots of fun - my first assisted entry. Had the main rig using
TR and the second rig using N1MM on a separate computer. Nice way to get
friendly with a new program.
The powerline noise was terrible until a short shower on Sunday morning caused
peace and quiet for three hours. It allowed me to hold a frequency on 20m and
work all kinds of Europeans. What a thrill being able to work all the way down
to the QRP guys for a change.
Friday night on 160 was almost as much fun as the ww160 weekend - lots of
signals and plenty of action all night. Great conditions. Saturday night I went
to bed - too much QRN from storms somewhere.
Worked club member W7YAQ as t23A on five bands, ten never showed a peep no
matter how hard I worked the second rx.
Lots of FUN!! thanks for all the Q's, see you again.

Dick