[3830] ARRLDX CW DR1A(DL6FBL) SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 19:54:35 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DR1A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  177    42  Total Score = 21,672

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

I was operating some hours of 40m Single Band earlier in the contest using my
homecall DL6FBL. After having a fine Schnitzel Party (OK, a few beers, too :-)
with the other guys at the DR1A station on Sunday evening, I guessed 40m was
not open yet for the final showdown. So I decided to play "fresh meat" on 20m,
but which was about to close. I was on 14000.2 kHz for exactly 1 hour from
19:22z till 20:21z and enjoyed the small pile-up. From the few cluster spots I
saw later that half of them were BUSTED, which certainly harmed the rate!
Please listen carefully! There is DR1A _AND_ DL1A in some contests at the same
time. We are DR1A. The others are DL1A :-)

73 Ben
DL6FBL
(KW + 5/5-Stack @ 32/19m)