[3830] ARRLDX CW N7DD M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 22 20:41:10 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7DD
Operator(s): N7DD,W8TK
Station: N7DD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ARIZONA

   20: 1262   114
Total: 1262   114  Total Score = 422,028

The 80 meter yagi was not finished in time so we decided to make a new class. It
is called multi-single for over the hill contesters. That is, multi operator
single band. Specifically designed for the over 65 crowd of old contesters who
can't sit in the chair for more than one hour due to the need for "potty"
breaks. It is open to lots of old guys who get 15 minute operating times. They
can use any means available to help, such as the "chat room", packet clusters (
more the better), CW skimmer and back massages from hired women or men as the
need arises. Telephone and Skype also count as legitimate.

Nice conditions with working Europe at midnight their time. Little deep Asia
but not bad for this time of the cycle. Japan was loud but the usual lack of
activity. Next year we are going to take out an add in Japan CQ which would
offer a special QSL card for all contest contacts. it would have a picture of a
"Play Boy" centerfold on it. Full color of course. THAT should stimulate
activity!

NOTE THAT THIS LOG IS SUBMITTED AS A "CHECK LOG" ONLY.