[3830] ARRLDX CW OL0W(OK1DSZ) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 04:29:38 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OL0W
Operator(s): OK1DSZ
Station: OL0W

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4:30

Total:  165    36  Total Score = 17,820

Only part time effort during the second night. Also gave out a few points on 40
later in the morning, when top band already closed.

Only for fun, when the band was already closing, I decided to try what I will
be able to work with QRP. Using longer callsing OK1DSZ and the power reduced to
5W I spend about 10 minutes calling several east coast big guns. The award for
the best ears goes to W4ZV, who was worked as easily as with the kilowatt
earlier in the night. K8PO and W2FU were worked with several repeats. The
others just kept CQing without any reaction with exception of K1TTT, who
apparently heard something, but not enough for the QSO.