[3830] ARRLDX CW N6RV SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 15:36:05 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX

Total:  318   111  Total Score = 105,894

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always a very enjoyable contest. I particularly like the attention given to
the low bands during this part of the cycle. Even if the scores are down 3 dB
it is always exciting to work the rare ones on 80 and 160. My only regret is
health and other commitments prohibit me from running the full 48 hours. Next
year I will put together a Multi-Single or Multi-Two entry.

I Ran the Flex 5000A and Writelog. I had a hard time with computer freezing. It
was also an extra step to move between the Power SDR window and the writelog
window. If I started tying in a call in the Power SDR window the radio would
QSY into the KHz region. Not good! The keyer has terrible latency in it and was
practically useless for the fast contest exchange. Finally you have to switch
between the keyboard and the key in the a Power SDR set up window. It would be
nice to be able to operate both at the same time.

Maybe a regular radio is better for contesting. The K3 looks like the ideal
box. All my friends who have it are singing it's praises.