[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6/AA4V SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 25 02:44:50 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6/AA4V
Operator(s): KH6/AA4V
Station: KH6/AA4V

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Keauhou Bay, Hawaii

  160:    0     0
   15:    3     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  902   140  Total Score = 377,160

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Thanks to all for the contacts. It was very difficult to get any run going due
to LP and the fact that the nearest USA/VE station was 2500 miles away. I did
well on 80 and 40 using a Butternut HF6V with 50 radials and a K3. 20M was
very, very crowded so it was all S&P. Almost nothing was heard from my (West)
side of the island on 15M while the guys on the Hilo (East) side were running
USA/VE rapidly. I did manage a lower 48 worked All States again this year and
the best DX (that counted) was VO1. I logged an additional 150 contacts in this
contest with stations who thought that KH6 was just another state (who
knew!). Rather than try to explain why KH6 is not a state for the purposes of
this test, I simply exchanged reports and logged each one for 0 points. I was
called by juicy stuff like 7Q7, JT, OH, VU, YB, BA, KH2, VK6, VR2 and many,
many JAs. All contacts will be on LOTW by the end of next week-end when I
return to SC. Back to reality on Thursday after a delightful month on the Big
Island.