[3830] ARRL RTTY Round-Up Practice P49X SOHP

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Thu Jan 1 23:59:52 EST 2009

   ARRL RTTY Round-Up Practice

Call: P49X
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: P40L/P49Y

Class: SOAB
QTH: Aruba

   80: 38   10    0    1
   40: 32	15	1    0
------------------------
Total: 70   25    1    1  Total Score = 1,890

Club: none

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs.  It was a little light tonight, but then it is a
holiday and not the night before the contest.  Hopefully, there will be
more people tomorrow.  The OE6 on 80 was weak and only copiable on the EU
Beverage.  Best contact was N6WG running 5 watts in CA and Bob's first
time on RTTY.  Congratulations!

Well another fun moment was when K0YR answered my CQs on 40 and 80
back-to-back, so our exchanges were interleaved.  Thank goodness we have
computers to help keep the exchanges sorted out.  Not sure my brain is big
enough to handle it alone.

If you noticed the 100 Hz resolution in my QRV message, that's thanks to
WriteLog 10.70 Beta.  However, K6TA got the brunt of a WriteLog problem on
80 went I sent the TU/NW message and instead of thanking Ken (K6TA) I
"thanked" the VE3 I had just worked on 40.  Writelog takes the last
contact in the log rather than the last contact on the current band so in
situations like that, i.e., high rate, the message is confusing.  (Wayne,
you're gonna hear about this again!)

See you in tomorrow night's practices.  Now for some much needed sleep.

Feliz Anja Nobo,
Ed - P49X (W0YK)