[3830] RTTY Roundup K4TD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 08:27:24 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alabama

Total:  693  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 41  Total Score = 66,528

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks to all for the QSOs.  Second, congratulations to WX4TM for an
excellent effort!  Not much to write home about from here in this one.  I
seemed to have had a heck of a time keeping myself motivated for it...  The
signal levels seemed okay, and WX4TM proved that there were Q's and mults there
to be had.  (Something I didn't seem to do).  I heard WX4TM and K4WI on 15M on
Sunday.  From what I could tell we were all three moving up the band in S&P at
about the same rate.  I decided to jump ahead of them and call CQ to see if I
could snag them for the Q.  Apparently, I moved a bit too far because I never
heard them again...  :-)

As far as DX was concerned, it was essentially the usual suspects.  The signal
levels from EU on both 20 and 40 were better than I had feared they would be,
and the activity from there was fairly good.  I was delighted to have HZ1PS
call me on 20M, and I enjoyed the run of JA's on both 20 and 40 that I worked.

I need to find a better RTTY contest decoding program than MMTTY.  Any
suggestions??  :-)

73,

Rick
K4TD