[3830] RTTY Roundup K1PY(@W2TZ) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 12:21:51 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K1PY
Operator(s): K1PY
Station: W2TZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY

Total:  886  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 49  Total Score = 92,144

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Assn

Comments:

What a blast! Rtty is such a fun and relaxing mode. It's even more fun with a
second radio since it's so easy to follow.

Mostly used radio 2 for S&P when CQing slowed down. But in an attempt to reach
one of those decimal milestones (even numbers) we set for ourselves, I tried
"dueling CQs" for the first time for the last two hours. Even more of a
challenge with no sleep from a long night on 80M. Took a little while to get
into the rhythm, but after a while could handle it when a contact required a
repeat or otherwise got out of the regular sequence. It was the fastest two
hours of the whole event! Whew!

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did, and look forward to the next one!

Happy New Year!

Vic K1PY

P.S. Tks to Fred W2TZ for use of his antennas.