[3830] RTTY Roundup VA1CHP Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 14:38:45 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA1CHP
Operator(s): VA1CHP
Station: VA1CHP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NS

Total: 1204  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 55  Total Score = 133,644

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

SO1R---20 hrs in contest actually about 19 on the air--Spent time repairing the
40/80 vertical when it decided to quit and as usual it has to be fixed in the
dark and when its colder than a well digger crotch outside and about a foot and
a half of snow to tromp through. 2nd glitch was my new computer did not like RFI
on 15 meters, it would lock up in transmit and send the same macro over and over
again. After some experimentation I determined that anything over 300 watts
would put it into the spastic mode. Other than that it was a fun contest altho
next year I think I'll invite Mr Telnet to help me out. Its more fun for me
when I can chase Mults. And maybe just maybe Mr Telnet will invite Mr
Propagation along for even more fun!! Thanks for the Q's and see you in the
next one.

Rich VA1CHP