[3830] RTTY Roundup K1FWE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 18:03:21 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K1FWE
Operator(s): K1FWE
Station: K1FWE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Total: 1553  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 61  Total Score = 183,136

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rigs: Orion II, IC781
Amps: Both solid state, one at 800W, the other at 400W.
Antennas: (80)dipole, (40)4 square vert, (20)6 ele mono @ 90', (15) 6 ele mono
@ 90'

First SO2R effort running more than 150 W. So far, so good.

This was the first RU for me where I went the time limit. My sense is that this
is a US contest with some W/W participation. Somehow, I expected more DX for a
major RTTY contest. Yes, I missed some of the easy mults (like ZC4LI), but
expected more than the 61 countries that are in the log. Perhaps the rules
discourage DX participation (?) Or I spent too much time in run mode (?) OTOH,
level of US activity was huge. Did someone out there actually work WY?

K1FWE