[3830] RTTY Roundup KT0DX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 5 20:26:33 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KT0DX
Operator(s): KT0DX
Station: KT0DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Total: 1243  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 38  Total Score = 118,085

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Great contest again.  Lots of activity on all bands except for 10 meters.  I was
able to work all states except for ND.  After the contest I thought it might
have been to cold up in ND to allow RF to leave the antenna!  This was the
first year I had some stations doing the tail ending thing.  They would drop
their call right when the other station was sending the report.  I had to ask
for a repeat.  Wonder where that bad habit came from (DX pileups?).  I had to
take time out when operating on 40 and 80 meters as I think someone in the hood
has a bad furnace motor.  Keep getting 20 over static for a few minutes and then
it would be gone, no real pattern so I suspect a furnace.  Checked mine and it
was not causing the problem.
Good to see a number of new calls going across the screen and hope to see their
calls in other contests.
Look forward to seeing everyone again next year.  I might consider going over
the M/S class for something new.