[3830] NAQP CW VE3FU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 10:47:43 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE3FU
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VE3FU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  43     12
   15:   3      2
   10:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  47     15  Total Score = 705

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team:

Comments:

Not having any antennas for the low bands, and not sure how much time I could
commit, I didn't join any of the Contest Club Ontario teams.

Between my kids hockey games I tried to get an 80m dipole up between my two
towers.  I managed to get one end at the top of one tower but there were too
many trees in the way to get the other end up.  I tied the other end to a tree,
left it as a sloping dipole and decided that I would get the other end up some
time later.  When I went inside to check the 80m dipole it wouldn't resonate
anywhere.  I didn't have time to fix it so I got on 20m at the start and worked
the first 15 minutes before I had to leave for another hockey game.

When I came home I tried to find the problem and found that braid side was
open.  While trying to fix it I thought my dog was chewing on a branch -
instead she chewed right through the coax!

I made a few more QSOs before the bands died and everyone (except me :=) went
to the low bands.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73,

Chris