[3830] NAQP CW KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 12:18:43 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B, N5XJ, NX5M, SARAH
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TX

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1934   234  Total Score = 452,556

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

NX5M approached me about doing this the week before and I just plain feel like
doing a Single-Op effort. So, I emailed N5XJ and a M/2 was born. Our main
objective of the weekend was to get some good practice and putting in a decent
score was just a bonus. This was also the first time to use Win-Test in NAQP
and we were very pleased (except for the NL/NF mult discrepancy).

NX5M had everything set station-wise the previous Wednesday but we were still
deciding which call to use. When I arrived Saturday, Bob told me I had drawn
the short straw and he'd changed WT to my call.

Mike and I operated while Bob brought us sandwiches in-between family
obligations. I think we may have gone from 20 to 80 a little later than maybe
would have been beneficial but we've got a good target and strategy for next
weekend. About 0300Z, NX5M walked in and sat down on 160 for a good hour
yielding close to 100q's and 30 mults. We made a sked with NR5M the last minute
so we could at least post 1 q on 10; that worked out well.

It was fun watching GetScores and helped keep us motivated as we watched both
N0NI and K4TD overtake us at one point.

Sarah, NX5M's youngest daughter, rang the mult bell when she saw one worked and
even put on headphones for a while on 20m! So, I've listed her as an op.

Thanks for the fun and see y'all next weekend. Log will be uploaded to LOTW
when I get home.

73,
Colin (Bob) KU5B for NX5M Crew