[3830] NAQP CW K5END Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 14:00:12 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K5END
Operator(s): K5END
Station: K5END

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Spring, TX

   80:  15     12
Total:  15     12  Total Score = 180

Club:

Team:

Comments:

NEWBIE, yes. New to CW, new to contesting.

Had some antenna issues getting set up on Saturday aftenoon, but I took my time
to get everything right before getting on the air. My goal was to participate
and log my first contest more than to rack up points.

As I was not "competing" but just a participant, I did more listening than
sending. The 40 m band got less active by the time I was ready at 0200Z, so I
had to re-rig for 80--in the dark. Abandoned the tuned radials and went for an
earth groundplane. It seemed to work fine. It was my first time to work Canada,
and I added a dozen or so states to those I have now worked.

Thanks very much to N05W for his help, advice and encouragement, which was
invaluable to me in getting set up for this.

73 all,

K5END
Larry