[3830] NAQP CW N7WA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 11 16:41:58 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  819   161  Total Score = 131,859

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

I'd been stressing over this test for the past two weeks. If I didn't get the
Tic Ring motor back up on the tower, the C31XR and 3 el 40M were going to be
off line and the weather was doing every thing it could to keep me on the
ground
(very cold and/or wet). Lets not even talk about the 6" of water in the crawl
space. :>)  Then, the wife planned this as Christmas "Makeup" Day for those who
couldn't cross the mountains in December. Finally, I said, this is supposed to
be fun, so I threw up a 40M dipole, rerouted the TH6 at 60' to be the main
beam, and configured for SO1R.

And...., I had lots of fun (as usual). This is a enjoyable test and never
fails
to amaze me how much activity there is. This year, I added Live Scores to the
mix and was able to watch Chris run at NK7U's. Simply amazing! My numbers
dropped across the board 40M and up due to backup antennas plus an hour off
during a great 20M run for the Christmas "gathering". Made up a bit of it by
increasing the effort on 160M. But, to reiterate, it was fun.

I noticed a lot of aggressive calling this year. Would get two/three stations
calling and couldn't make out either or just a partial call. If I asked for a
fill, the other(s) didn't hold back. Waste of time for all of us. Also, I don't
use a database of names so even if I know you, I'll ask for repeat if I didn't
copy the info. (I make it a habit to change my own name.) Things to work on - I
need to ask more people to QSY for mults.

Did I say I had fun? :>)  Just wish the August version of this test didn't
always seem to fall on some important activity.