[3830] NAQP SSB VE6CNU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 18 00:07:39 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

   15:    4     1
Total:  444    84  Total Score = 37,296

Club:

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

Where did everybody go?  Things started off ok on 20m from here and had some
nice runs.  I checked 15m and 10m about every 30 minutes or so and heard
nothing until about 2000Z when suddenly I was able to work 4 stations in Texas
on 15m.  Around 2300Z 20m started to shut down so switched to 40m.  Actually
did ok with my inverted vee for a while, but right at 0100Z (6PM local), 40m
gave out completely.  Up until then I was contest to have S7 constant noise but
workable signals.  Switched to 80m and heard very little, but the S7 noise was
still there.  I took several half hour breaks, hoping things might improve, but
finally gave up after only working 20 stations on 80m in about 4 hours.  In
previous years I could count on the gang from Western Washington or BC to keep
80m alive, but heard almost nothing.  Not even another VE6 contact!

This was my first time joining forces with a group of Canadians - the Aurora
Busters, so hope I didn't let them down.  But I think the aurora won!  Thanks
to all who participated and as I keep saying each year, its got to get better
next time!

73,

Jerry

Rig:  Yaesu FT-1000MP barefoot (100W)
Ant:  TH6DXX (10-15-20), Inv Vee (40/80), HF9V (80)
Logging:  N1MM