[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 18 03:47:15 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO,ND2T,N6CCH,N7MH,W6LD
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1581   211  Total Score = 333,591

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

One of the 2 transmitters spent the first half of the contest on 20 and the
second half on 80.  The other transmitter was used for the other 4 bands.

15 meters seemed dead right before the start, but we soon realized that it was
open to much of the US.  We tried moving many stations from 20.  Thanks to
those of you who tried the move - many were successful.

We thought 15 had completely died in the 2000Z hour so we went to 40 for a
while, but then heard some 4-land stations and moved back to 15 until 2230Z.

As in the CW NAQP last weekend 40 meters went long early and there were few
stations to be worked after 0230.  We tried alternating between 40 and 160 for
the last few hours on the second station but we couldn't get much of anything
going on either band.

We didn't work many 7's on 20 or 15.  We briefly heard OR and ID on 20 on our
spotting station but decided to wait to work them later.  We never heard them
again and didn't work WA on 20 either.

We did get WAS.  ND and NV were the last states worked.  Between RTTY Roundup,
NAQP CW and NAQP SSB we worked all but one QSO needed for the Triple Play
award.  We missed ND on CW.  We'll have to check LOTW to see how close we are
to the 150 confirmations.

-Mike, N7MH