[3830] NAQP SSB VY2SS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 18 09:53:42 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VY2SS
Operator(s): VY2SS
Station: VY2SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PEI

   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  700   121  Total Score = 84,700

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

I have not been doing much SSB contesting in recent years.  The good time I had
in this contest may turn that around. Thanks for the prod Bud. For the first
time I tried N1MM's voice keyer (DVK) feature with files I created just before
the contest using micorKEYER's router software. It was easier than I thought
and a big help. I hope it didn't sound too phoney. My best rate was 157 for a
one hour period. Finally had to leave 20M because my antenna quit. I have been
getting very poor results on 40M this winter. I know there are many calling but
I just can't hear them in the noise on that band. Thanks to Bill VY2LI for
keeping me from being the only one who couldn't get the PEI multiplier and
thanks to everyone who got it from me.  See you all next time.
-Robby with a Y in PEI