[3830] NAQP SSB K4AB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 18 10:38:48 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alabama

   15:    7     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1010   158  Total Score = 159,580

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #1

Comments:

I knew 15 and 10 were going to be useless from here, but didn't think 20 was
gonna be as awful as it was.  So I made the decision to turn this into a
low-band contest for me.  I took my first off-time only 30 minutes into the
contest!  At times 160 sounded like 20 should have!  I was CQ'ing well above
1900 kHz!  Not much time, obviously, spent on the high bands.  I made more QSOs
in the first 30 minutes after I went to 40 than 20/15/10 combined....And I
SHOULD have went to 40 earlier!  I think I sometimes forget how great a daytime
band 40 is.  And with 40 going long so soon, you have to get there quick,
instead of wasting time on the high bands.