[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 20 10:52:19 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~8.5

   15:   22     6
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  924   159  Total Score = 146,916

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Team #1

Comments:

Saturday was truly a day of very low solar activity, 20 died to EU around 16Z.
15 was only open well to CA, worked 2 in OR. 20 was verrry long most of time
and backscatter was too weak to work. 40 was a bright spot until 30 minutes
before sunset. I went there early and had a great run peaking near 200/hr rate.
Best 40M Q total ever for me; the new quad loop helped. After the skip
lengthened on 75 which was right after sunset, it wasn't long until the rate
dropped as well. 160 was good with early activity as far as W5/0, but few 6/7's
were worked. The activity levels were good except after 0330Z or so. I swept 75M
around 04Z and found only about a dozen stations calling CQ, none closer than
FL/W5/W0. I did a good job of running on the right band at the right time and
poor job of S&P for mults. It was not a really serious effort; that will wait
until better condx.