[3830] NAQP SSB K1LT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 21 09:37:20 EST 2009

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 02:25

   80:    4     4
Total:  217    46  Total Score = 9,982

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I was working on my 8-regular-octagon receiving system, which is still
bug ridden, so there were topband noises emanating from the speakers.
I tuned in once of these signals and heard N9RV effortlessly running
stations in the NAQP.  At that time, there were only a couple or three
stations actually running, and the draw became irresistible.  So, I
fired up the transceiver and the amplifier and started operating.
After 45 minutes and 105 Qs, my wife came in the shack and looked at
me severely, because it was time to put the kids to bed.  So, after a
40 minute break of chasing the kids around and reading bedtime stories
and placating my wife, I came back to the radio and operated for a few
more hours, netting another 112 Qs.  I spent an hour trying to make
something happen on 80, but it just didn't work.  So I returned to
160.

One of these days I need to add a "muting" feature to the SDR (phased
array, whatever) receiver so that I don't have to listen to myself,
delayed 5 milliseconds, while transmitting phone.  But since I
generally dislike phone, it might be a while.  Even though I dislike
phone, I like running stations, so there is some hope.