[3830] CQ160 CW FM5BH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 06:26:37 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: FM5BH
Operator(s): FM5BH
Station: FM5BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM5

Total:  QSOs = 1062  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 72  Total Score = 826,503

The first night was terrible the top band sound like 20m but the second very
bad.I have a lot of noise here and I try to listen on all my antennas even the
2 elt 40m. I put a sort of beverage all around the QTH on the fences; It's help
a lot.
My apologizes to all of you that I could'nt copy.

I worked 3 JA sations for the first since I am on the air (1978)
but it's very difficult to find a free chanel in the JA window 1810-1825
Everyone would like to work them. Now 1830 to 1835 is less crowned than in the
past.

My working condition

FT 1000MP WITH INRAD 400Hz
OMPOWER 2500HF
invL with a CWS UNUN (50-26 ohms) AT THE BOTTOM.
A long piece of wire 150m all around the QTH.
a K9AY loop
MFJ 1025 and NCC1 to try to kill the noise and also the DX Hi...

It's was a very enjoyable week-end

best 73

Laurent FM5BH