[3830] CQ160 CW N5TW Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 11:42:39 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N5TW
Operator(s): N5TW
Station: N5TW

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TX

Total:  QSOs = 312  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 48  Total Score = 112,167

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Was just trolling around handing out points and looking for new ones.
Conditions Friday night were especially great.   The DX stations I heard were
generally loud enough to hold frequencies and I usually got through with one
call - that is cool from Texas!    I am so in love my my Elecraft K3 and used
it's diversity mode with my sub receiver slaved to the main VFO the entire
time.   One ear had the transmit antenna which is a 4 verticals either
configured as a 4-square or ganged in an omni configuration and the other ear
had one or more of the Beverage antennas.   This was the first time I've really
needed the 250Hz roofing filter to slice through the very crowded band.   There
were key clicks on the bands but it seems like we are making progress on that
front - they did not seem as bad this year.   Zero overload products with the
K3 and this contest is THE TEST for that!   Great fun!