[3830] CQ160 CW N7RK Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 15:02:07 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7RK
Operator(s): N7RK
Station: N7RK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Arizona

Total:  QSOs = 335  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 18  Total Score = 62,273

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Great conditions and a lot of fun despite my constant S9 noise level and a new
noise which sounds like a plasma TV wiping out 1828 to 1860 on the second
night. Worked 2 new countries. I don't believe I have ever heard this much
activity on 160. Was also amazed at the distances of some of the daytime
signals heard for a so called "local" band".

Rig: FT-1000MP and TL-922 amplifier
Antenna: 72 ft base loaded vertical (transmit and receive)